Regional Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Regional Operations Supervisor
Provide operational services to facilitate the equipment control, billing and customer service functions on a timely, accurate and effective basis for equipment and customers in a designated geographical region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide professional, responsive customer service to local and international customer requests for equipment or information.
- Process customer requests for pick up or drop off of equipment in accordance with operational procedures and business terms.
- Coordinate equipment control and damage approval activities with storage and repair depot vendors in accordance with technical and operational procedures.
- Follow up with customers and depots to ensure equipment is moving through the maintenance and repair cycle on a timely basis.
- Update container damage status in central computer system. Resolve discrepancies between EDI activity sent electronically by depot vendors and the system status.
- Reconcile vendor invoices and purchase orders for depot, survey and drayage expenses.
- Process invoices for the sale of equipment and coordinate pick up with depot and buyer.
- Assist marketing with regional customer requirements in both the leasing and selling of equipment.
- Liaise with regional offices and agents and other departments to provide internal customer service and coordinate activities.
- Perform activity and inventory reconciliations on a bi-monthly basis for gate buy customers and consignment yards.
- Other projects as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years office experience in an administrative or operational capacity
- Container leasing or shipping industry experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in basic Excel functions
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects while maintaining quality of performance required.
- Ability to work collaboratively, as well as individually, in a fast-paced environment
If you are interested in the position, please apply here: https://bit.ly/2B1Jn3D
CAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.