Regional Marketing Director
Job Tile: Regional Marketing Director
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Global Marketing
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Function: Marketing responsibility for the lease and sale of intermodal equipment for the core fleet including management of current customers and business development activities to increase the revenue and profitability for a defined geographical region including Germany, Austria, Poland, Switzerland and Eastern European Locations (to be determined).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Proactively identify new business opportunities for the lease and sale of equipment by establishing, growing and maintaining relationships with shipping lines, freight forwarders, wholesalers and other types of target customers through regular visits and communications.
• Negotiate new and existing lease agreements in order to increase profitability for the company while gaining and maintaining market share with target customers.
• Significantly increase the volume of equipment sold in the region as well as internationally on a profitable basis in accordance with corporate strategy.
• Reduce the off lease inventory quantity and associated expense in the defined region in accordance with strategic management directives.
• Provide management with weekly written “bullet point” reports including market conditions and customer interactions.
• Work as a member of a collaborative team with management, marketing, operations and technical staff. Liaise with other team members to refer any potential new business relating to the lease or sale of swap body and intermodal container equipment. Liaise with Operations staff in Hamburg and Marketing Support staff in London on a regular basis.
• Travel within continental Europe as needed to maintain customer relationships and support the marketing effort in accordance with the Company’s travel policy.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience as a successful business development professional with extensive knowledge of the international container shipping and leasing market. Experience as a marketing/sales contributor with a freight forwarder is preferable.
• Ability to negotiate effectively and win business.
• Strong customer contacts with the decision makers responsible for the lease and purchase of equipment
• Understanding and experience in the international cargo logistics. • Ability to effectively communicate, making optimal use of communication tools and technology.
• Availability to travel internationally to meet the needs of the Company.
CAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.