Job Title: Pricing Analyst
Grade: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Corporate Logistics Manager
Function: The purpose of the Pricing Analyst is to effectively employ the Company’s pricing strategies. In this position, you will drive pricing process improvement initiatives through business intelligence data to identify areas of opportunity and weakness for the Company. Success will be measured by your ability to achieve and exceed established operational goals.
- Conceiving, defining, and leading pricing process improvement initiatives that will maximize company profitability.
- Building and maintaining strong collaborative working relationships with senior leadership, business partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing pricing, proximity, and proposal strategies, including recommendations from a cost perspective, using advanced pricing models.
- Developing pricing strategy presentations and coordinating strategy meetings and proposing timelines.
- Supporting Sales teams with customer rate projects, and providing quality pricing and proximity responses that adhere to Company brand policies.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive analytical tools that encompass pricing data, customer trends, market trends, competitor insights and profitability.
- Preparing and completing customer RFP’s and Bids within specified timeframes.
- Visiting customers with sales teams as needed to effectively answer any questions pertaining to pricing.
- Developing a carrier base and negotiating capacity accordingly.
- Contributing to short and long-term organizational planning and strategies.
- Representing and actively engaging in the organization’s culture and commitment to integrity, code of ethics, and core practices.
- Completing other assigned tasks based on leadership discretion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Marketing, Economics or other relevant field, plus minimum of two (2) years of pricing experience in highway brokerage or related industry required. Equivalent combination of post-high school education and experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data, and effectively translate findings into specific, targeted actions to drive results.
- Experience with pricing modeling, optimization, and aggregator software.
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to effectively manage projects that may vary in nature and scope.
- Ability to develop, improve and streamline processes to meet established goals and objectives.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Access.
- Preferred proficiency in logistics standard operating systems and software
- A growing and publicly traded organization in an industry expected to grow exponentially in the next five years!
- Being an integral part of cross-functional teams that are committed to building a bright future.
- A company culture that’s open to new ideas and methodologies.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes vacation time, 401(k), life insurance, health, dental, and vision coverage.
To apply, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
CAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.