Job Title: Paralegal
Grade: Individual Contributor
Department: Legal Affairs
Reports To: Vice President, Legal Affairs
Location: San Francisco, California
Function: Lease Contract preparation based on terms received from regional offices and approved by Senior VP, Marketing or CEO. In addition, you will assist with contract administration for customer lease and depot.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with contract administration for customer lease and depot contracts including: input of contract terms into CAI system for billing, assign customer codes and depot codes, fact sheet preparation and distribution to regional offices, follow up with credit approval together with Risk Management Director, Maintain contract status spreadsheets, maintain active customer corporate documents as well as hard and soft copies of key documents from past transactions
- Prepare, amend, and maintain files for Depot contracts
- Review lease agreements for accuracy against billing system and fact sheet
- Lease Contract preparation based on terms received from regional offices and approved by Senior VP, Marketing or CEO
- Participate in and support all domestic and international legal affairs of the company including assistance with purchase, sales, and financing transactions, negotiations, reviewing and , commenting upon changes from outside counsel and other parties, and coordinating deal closings.
- Prepare other contracts such as Manufacturing Agreements, Assignments, Acknowledgements, Settlement Agreements, Guaranties, NDA’s, and new contract templates as necessary.
- Draft, edit, and negotiate lease agreements for customers and service providers. This includes transactions of all company affiliates, e.g., intermodal, truck brokerage, and NVOCC activities. This further includes obtaining and maintaining proper licenses and certifications for all entities’ business operations.
- Prepare offer sheets for North America Marketing Vice Presidents and Directors as requested.
- Participate in due diligence, draft closing documents, e.g., certificates, resolutions, and closing binders.
- Monitor tickler file for timely updates to customer/depot terms, including rates, contract expiration, conversions, and purchase options. Liaise with regional offices to complete updates accordingly
- Coordination with HQ OPS for billing procedures for specific contracts
- Coordinate Annual Report and Proxy design, production and distribution
- Assist with auditor requests of customer and depot contracts, including copies of contracts, addendum’s, supporting documents for any changes, approvals, new lease worksheets.
- Assist with miscellaneous marketing or branding items (i.e. business cards, letter head, etc).
- Support the corporate secretarial function such as maintaining and updating minute books, board composition documents, and material contract files for CAI and subsidiaries; coordinating signatures of approval and of minutes and filings
- Maintain annual magazine subscriptions and coordinate information released to periodicals and press after senior management approval
- Research and order branded promotional items and customer gifts
- Provide further administrative support to Senior Vice President, Global Marketing
To apply, please send resumes to email@example.com
CAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.