NVOCC Director, Pricing
Job Title: NVOCC Director, Pricing
Grade: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Vice President, Operations
Function: The purpose of the NVOCC Pricing Director is to respond to customers and sales representatives who have pricing inquiries, and provide accurate and competitive quotes in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate and manage contracts with steamship lines.
- Respond to all rate, bid, and pricing requests from clients and sales representatives; communicate on open proposals.
- Ensure timely filing of contracts, amendments and bullet rates.
- Work with vendors, (airlines, steamship lines, cartage, etc.) in order to secure market competitive costs in compiling bids.
- Update current tariffs for any pricing changes from vendors.
- Distribute and interpret market pricing and information for colleagues.
- Obtain space allocation and track bookings vs MQC.
- Compose thorough and detailed pricing proposals; research partners for best possible scenarios based on bids.
- Act as subject matter expert and provide training, troubleshooting, and other support for software applications managed by business unit
- Monitor performance of vendors and assist with service issues.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum 5 years of NVOCC experience in the role of negotiating with steamship lines.
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with steamship lines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Self-motivated and ability to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment; consult with team members and management as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint) and Windows applications; ability to create formulas in MS Excel
- Preferred experience with rate management, sourcing tools, and operating systems such as InfoX
- Strong sense of urgency when responding to pricing-related requests.
- Strong aptitude for math, and understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources
- Excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups internally and externally; provide timely and professional support
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k), life insurance, medical, dental, vision coverage, and paid time off.
- Growing, publicly traded organization to further your career
- Training and development opportunities for professional development.
- Team Environment open to new ideas and methodologies.
To apply, please send resumes to email@example.com
CAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.