Job Title: Logistics Specialist (Full-Time)
Grade: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Director, Logistics
Function: The Logistics Specialist’s purpose is to provide a high level of customer support to existing accounts. In this position, you will arrange shipping for assigned customers and coordinate deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay. Success will be measured by growth in your assigned customers’ continued business with CAI Logistics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting organizational and personal goals set by you and the Division Manager
- Embracing a deep understanding of your customers’ operations and influencing key decision makers
- Finding innovative ways to provide capacity to move customers’ freight while maintaining and building strong relationships
- Expanding the carrier network by making calls to shippers and receivers
- Articulating business relationship growth strategies with assigned customers
- Inputting Customer Information into operations software to keep information current and updated
- Communicating load statuses to the customer, remaining forthright and honest about opportunities for improved service
- Negotiating, booking and scheduling cross country shipments and owning the process from beginning to end
- Updating and maintaining carrier database per company’s standard operating procedures
- Ensuring shipments are properly executed according to the company’s standard operating procedures, while meeting and exceeding customer requirements
- Voluntarily assisting team members if and when urgent situations arise
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience with helping other people solve problems. Internships, volunteer work, and side projects are applicable
- Technical experience with Microsoft Office, and general office equipment, including phone systems, printers, scanners, fax machines, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel in particular) Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior logistics industry experience
- College Degree
- CTB Certification
- A growing and publicly traded organization. Imagine the possibilities!
- A team of aces to work with that are fun and motivating
- Team-Building events that help you get to know your team members
- A company culture that’s open to new ideas and methodologies
- Amazing ‘Training and Development’ Programs that set you up for success
- A Base Salary + incentive pay, where the sky is the limit
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes 401(k), life insurance, health, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid Time off so you can take that dream vacation
CAI Logistics, A CAI International Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.