International Logistics Coordinator
Job Title: International Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President Logistics and Sales
Function: Provide international NVOCC/freight forwarding operations services by processing inbound and outbound cargo shipments with accuracy, speed and high touch customer service. Utilize communication skills through strategic cold-calling to cultivate profitable new sales opportunities and create a robust pipeline.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research contact information for potential target customers via online databases and industry data sources
- Utilize email messages to support the cold calling effort
- Clearly convey the value proposition of CAI Logistics’ international NVOCC/freight forwarding capabilities
- Communicate customer leads on a timely basis to the appropriate sales executive for their follow up
- Update Sugar CRM on a daily basis, maintaining CAI’s data integrity standards.
- Follow approved operational procedures to process international import and export cargo shipments ensuring compliance with regulations, accuracy and timeliness
- Issue documents required for shipment and forward to appropriate parties
- Track, trace and update the status of shipments in Edge TMS
- Coordinate rate requests, routings, sales leads and shipping information with overseas agents
- Communicate professionally and effectively with customers, vendors, co-workers and third parties
- Provide high touch customer service, working proactively to avoid issues before they arise and resolving those that do arise
- Ensure customer invoicing is accurate and timely
- Review and approve vendor invoices as directed
- Provide management with timely reporting of activities
- Additional duties as assigned.
Summary of Experience and Knowledge
- Operational NVOCC/freight forwarding knowledge including ocean, air and land for international inbound and outbound cargo
- Effective inside sales and cold calling skills
- Minimum 3 years of operational and sales support experience with an NVOCC or maritime shipping line.
- High school degree or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and able to succeed in in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a positive and enthusiastic personality
CAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.