Director, Highway Procurement
Job Title: Director, Highway Procurement
Reports to: President
Function: The purpose of the Director, Highway Procurement, is to communicate and embody the vision of the highway procurement process and inspire and lead your team to establish and grow a vast carrier pipeline within the U.S. domestic market. In this position, you will be focused on providing consistent carrier capacity by building our relationship carrier base and offering superior service and competitive pricing across all markets. Success will be measured by the carrier relations and operations departments achieving and exceeding established operational and sales goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deploy carrier sourcing and development strategies, market penetrations, and contracted pricing strategies to align and achieve company growth plans.
- Collaborate with Division Directors to manage carrier operations departments, creating metrics to forecast and manage headcount needs, costs, and timelines.
- Oversee the procurement process, including the support of the sales pipeline, our relationship carrier retention rate, and driving consistent carrier utilization.
- Provide direction that drives successful behavior in the carrier sourcing and procurement departments.
- Manage and oversee financial and fiscal reporting such as P&L, forecasts, budgets, and unit metrics for department.
- Develop and maintain an environment of teamwork and collaboration. Supporting, educating, and conducting ongoing training of all team members.
- Contributing to short and long-term organizational planning and strategies.
- Keeping a pulse on the overall transportation market conditions, identifying competing markets and providing reports on market movement and future trends.
- Demonstrating an ability to make quick decisions with honesty and integrity to fully support business needs, or the needs of a specific situation, while creating the best possible outcomes for all parties.
- Building productive results-driven relationships with staff, business partners, and customers.
- Representing and actively engaging in the organization’s culture and commitment to integrity,
code of ethics, and core practices.
- Completing other assigned tasks based on leadership discretion.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, transportation, or related field, plus minimum of three (3) years of carrier management and relations experience required. Two (2) years of supervisory or management experience is also required. Equivalent combination of post-high school education and experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
CAI Logistics, A CAI International Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
CAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.