Job Title: Carrier Specialist
Reports to: Director, Logistics
Function: To build and maintain relationships with carriers to fulfill the logistics needs of our customers while providing excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively identify opportunities to provide capacity to move freight to meet the needs of our customers.
- Expand the carrier network by building and maintaining solid relationships with carriers
- Negotiate, book and schedule domestic shipments from start to finish.
- Ensure shipments are properly executed according to our standard operating procedures.
- Strive to meet and exceed personal and organizational goals.
- Assist team members due to surges in demand.
- Success will be measured by the achievement of exponential growth in our existing customer base due to greater capacity.
Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- 2 years of experience with helping other people solve problems and providing a high level of customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel
- Prior logistics industry experience preferred
- CTB Certification a plus
- Base salary plus incentive compensation
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K and paid time off
- Team Environment open to new ideas and methodologies.
If you are interested in the position, apply here: https://www.indeed.com/job/carrier-specialist-22fe48180093fec2
CAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.