Job Title: Carrier Specialist
Grade: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Division Director
Function: The purpose of the Carrier Specialist is to build relationships with carriers to fulfill the logistics needs of our new and existing clientele. Success will be measured by the achievement of exponential growth in our existing customer base, due to greater capacity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting and exceeding organizational and personal goals set by you and the Division Director
- Looking for opportunities to find and provide capacity to move customers’ freight while building and maintaining solid relationships
- Making calls to shippers and receivers to expand the carrier network
- Negotiating, booking, and scheduling shipments across the country, from beginning to end
- Ensuring shipments are properly executed according to our company’s standard operating procedures, while meeting and exceeding customer requirements
- Maintaining and updating the carrier database to company’s standard operating procedures
- Pitching in to assist team members when urgent situations arise
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience with helping other people solve problems and providing a high level of customer service.
- Internships, volunteer work, and side projects applicable
- Technical experience with Microsoft Office, and general office equipment, including phone systems, printers, scanners, fax machines, etc.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Prior logistics industry experience
- College Degree
- CTB Certification
- Base Salary + uncapped incentive pay.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k), life insurance, medical, dental, vision coverage, and paid time off.
- Growing, publicly traded organization to further your career
- Training and development opportunities for professional development.
- Team Environment open to new ideas and methodologies.
Hybrid Logistics, A CAI International Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.