Accounts Receivable Specialist
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Grade: Individual Contributor
Department: Risk Management
Reports to: Director, Risk Management
Function: The purpose of the Accounts Receivable Specialist is to determine and process accounts with past due invoices with customers of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review AR aging to determine which accounts need to be contacted about past due invoices.
- Contact customers by e-mail, phone, and mail and locate the appropriate person to speak with regarding unpaid invoices.
- Notify the controller if unable to locate the customer.
- Confer with customer by telephone in an attempt to find reason for non-payment.
- Ensure that invoices are sent to the correct e-mail or address.
- Understand the customer’s payment processes.
- Interface with the operations department to solve billing problems.
- Turn accounts over to collection agency when approved by Controller.
- Run reports as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Controller.
- Research customers and pull credit reports.
- Analyze customer business to set the proper credit limit.
- Set up new customers in the computer. Communicate with the Controller or President for credit limits above your authorized level.
- Review credit limit reports to make sure no adjustments are necessary.
- Five to seven years of collections experience
- Ability to work with Excel
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
To apply, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
CAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.