Job Title: Accounting Manager
Grade: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Controller
Location: Everett, WA
Function: The Accounting Manager will manage the daily operations of the accounting department including the accounts receivable and payables teams; perform timely month-end close processes and monitor general accounting practices and internal controls effectiveness. The Accounting Manager will also be responsible for overseeing the SOX 404 controls testing and financial audit processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the general ledger and perform timely month and year-end close processes while ensuring compliance with SOX controls.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts and supporting schedules.
- Prepare variation analytics of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reports.
- Manage the accounts receivable and accounts payable teams, ensure accuracy and completeness of work and evaluate performance as needed.
- Develop the teams' knowledge and skills by creating and executing individual development plans and provide training, coaching and mentoring to the group.
- Administer SOX 404 narrative updates and controls effectiveness.
- Manage the SOX compliance audits and provide supporting documents as required.
- Oversee the financial audit and fulfill PBC requests in an efficient manner. Respond to auditor requests timely.
- Prepare year-end filings of 1099’s and various state and property tax forms.
- Provide excellent problem-solving abilities and a positive attitude to ensure the success of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including 5+ years as accounting manager working in a public company
- 5+ years managing and developing a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics or other ERP system and web-based applications
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of internal and external individuals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to gather, assemble, consolidate and analyze facts, draw conclusions and devise solutions
- Ability to effectively manage projects that may vary in nature and scope
To apply, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
CAI Logistics, A CAI International Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
CAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.